Bicycle accidents in America are on the rise. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 52,000 cyclists were injured in traffic crashes in 2008. If you are a bicycle rider and have been involved in a traffic accident because of another reckless party, you may be entitled to obtain fair compensation for the losses you have experienced.
Common Bike Accidents
• Crossing a sidewalk: One must be very cautious while crossing a sidewalk on a bicycle. Accidents are likely to occur when drivers do not look up to check for oncoming pedestrians and bicyclists. Drivers sometimes turn abruptly without checking the sidewalk, which results in pedestrians and cyclists to get hit by the car.
• Car is turning right: This can occur at a red light when the cyclist stops in a blind spot and the other car does not have a clear view of the cyclist. An accident is also likely to happen when a driver attempts to pass ahead of the cyclist.
• Running into an open door: When drivers or passengers in a parked vehicle open their door without checking for oncoming traffic it can cause the cyclist to crash into the door. This can lead to serious injuries.
• Being rear-ended: This often happens when cyclists are required to move aside to avoid an obstacle in the road (i.e.: parked car or construction) and the car behind them doesn’t slow down.
• Crossing a driveway, intersection or parking lot exit: Cyclists are often hit when a car is moving towards the direction of an intersection, backing out of a driveway, or exiting a parking lot. Cyclists do not expect the car to back out in front of them and, therefore, slam into the car.
How Can I Be Compensated?
Whatever the cause of your bicycle accident, you deserve full and fair compensation for your injuries. A victim or victim’s family member may be entitled to obtain fair compensation for a personal injury or wrongful death claim that may include:
- Medical expenses
- Future cost of medical care
- Loss of wages as well as loss of future earned income
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of benefits
- Loss of enjoyment of everyday activities
- Pain and suffering
At State Law Firm, APC. we represent bicycle accident victims and their families in lawsuits and claims throughout the entire San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles area. It is our priority to help victims receive the recovery they deserve. Contact us today at (818) 625-1800 so we can provide you with a free assessment of your case.
Call State Law Firm, APC. to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney today!
Servicing San Fernando Valley & Los Angeles
**Contact State Law Firm, Apc. immediately after an incident to help you with your complex and difficult personal injury case. At State Law Firm, Apc. We’re In This Together and are here to help you shed light on liability, damages, and walk you through how to hold reckless parties accountable for their actions.
Call for your FREE CONSULTATION TODAY!
Disclaimer: The materials presented on this site are intended for informational purposes only. These materials should not be used as legal advice applicable to the reader’s specific situation. In addition, our provision of this information to the reader in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. No action should be taken on information provided within this website without counsel from a professional attorney. The request or receipt of any information from this website or any of the attorneys in our employ does not signify our acceptance to represent the recipient of this information.
It is our intention that all materials posted on this site be up to date and correct. However, this information is subject to change without notice and should not be relied upon for accuracy and pertinence to the reader’s specific circumstances.